Working together to trial blended payments
On 9 May 2023, the Australian Government announced $24.6 million over 4 years (2023‑24 to 2026‑27) to work with participants and providers to trial blended payments.
This initiative will help ensure every dollar goes to support people with a disability by working with participants and providers to co-design trials of blended payments that increase providers’ incentive to innovate service delivery and achieve improved outcomes for NDIS participants.
The trials will be undertaken in two areas to focus effort and resources on genuine co-design:
- School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) to identify ways to improve employment outcomes for participants.
- Move young people in residential aged care (YPIRAC) to more appropriate housing with supported independent living to drive innovative services delivery approaches.
We will work with participants and providers to carefully design these trials, including ensuring safeguards are in place. Participation in the trials will be voluntary for NDIS participants.
If you would like to be kept informed about this initiative or participate in co-design or trials, please register your interest in receiving alerts about this initiative or engagement opportunities by clicking on Subscribe for updates above and providing your contact details.
Upcoming Information Sessions on Blended Payment Trials
There are currently no scheduled information sessions on “Blended Payments”.
The Department of Social Services with support from the National Disability Insurance Agency invited providers to information sessions on “Blended Payments”. The focus of these sessions were:
- Information on the trial for providers and participants accessing NDIS school leaver employment supports.
- NDIS participants living in residential aged care and was for providers who support them, including advocacy organisations, support co-ordinators and Supported Independent Living (SIL) providers.
These sessions covered:
- Background on blended payments
- What blended payment trials will involve
- Implementation overview & indicative timelines
- Questions, and
- Next steps.
More information on each of the sessions can be found below: