Disability Employment Services Reform – Disability Employment Reference Group
A Disability Employment Reference Group (Reference Group) has been established to provide advice and information to support the design of options for a new Disability Employment Framework from 2018.
Current Disability Employment Services (DES) provider contracts cease in March 2018, providing an opportunity to make substantial changes to DES, to improve its performance in placing people with disability into jobs in the open labour market.
The Department of Social Services is undertaking a public consultation process from early November to December 2016, to gauge feedback on a Discussion Paper which outlines a range of proposals for making changes to the DES program. The Reference Group will be asked to consider the options and questions presented in the Discussion Paper to inform strategic policy changes to the DES program and to represent the views of the broader sector.
The Reference Group has representatives from peak bodies representing the interests of people with disability, employers and providers of disability employment services.
Reference Group members include:
- People With Disability
- National Ethnic Disability Alliance
- First Peoples Disability Network
- Inclusion Australia
- Disability Employment Australia
- National Disability Services
- Jobs Australia
- National Employment Services Australia
- Australian Network on Disability
- Campbell Page
- Advanced Personnel Management
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- The Department of Social Services