The Carers Foundation
The Carers Foundation Holdings Ltd (The Carers Foundation Australia)
The Carers Foundation Australia has been actively delivering unique wellness programs to unpaid family carers of all ages, background and circumstance at a center specifically for carers.
Our funding is part of the Integrated Carer Support Service – Counselling, Support, Information and Advocacy offering Counselling, support, information and advocacy provides carers with assistance to understand and manage situations, behaviours and relationships associated with care needs of the person they are caring for.
Our goals and objectives have been to Improve carer wellbeing, increase carers capacity and support their participation, socially and economically.
To date we have achieved the following outcomes:
– Awareness – Carers and their family and friends along with the general community are aware of carers and the support and services available.
– Information and knowledge – Carers are better informed about the caring role and the associated stresses.
– Skills – Carers gain skills to manage stress associated with the caring role.
– Communication and connections – Carer have new connections with the other carers they meet a the programs and have ongoing support to help reduce social isolation and associated mental health issues
– Policy – Prioritise investment towards carers most in need, and low-cost, preventative, services.
– Support – Carers are able to access crisis services. We provide a 24/hour facility for emergency respite for al carers.
– Economic – Improve the effectiveness of supports and services available to carers.
To date our programs have proven to be exceptionally effective and the outcomes have been significant for carers that have attended our programs. We have many testimonials from carers that will verify this, and they are happy to discuss the positive outcomes and how they have changed their lives, and kept them functioning as a carer.
Our funding was a one off package, however we need to find out how we can get ongoing recurrent funding to continue the valuable positive outcomes we have been obtaining with our wellness packages for family carers.
It is essential that we continue with these very effective programs for carers, and we need to have that discussion with DSS to see how this can be achieved.
Please call Ronnie Benbow on 07 32894552 or email Ronnie@thecarersfoundation.org