MS Australia is Australia’s national multiple sclerosis (MS) not-for-profit organisation that empowers researchers to identify ways to treat, prevent and cure MS, seeks sustained and systemic policy change via advocacy, and acts as the national champion for Australia’s community of people affected by MS.
MS Australia represents and collaborates with its Member Organisations, people with MS, their carers, families and friends and various national and international bodies to:
• Fund, coordinate, educate and advocate for MS research as part of the worldwide effort to solve MS
• Provide the latest evidence-based information and resources
• Help meet the needs of people affected by MS
The focus of the comments provided in this submission are on key areas that will impact on people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS). The comments have been provided by representatives of our state member organisations who assist people with MS to remain employed for as long as possible and, in some instances, directly from people living with MS.
MSA’s member organisations are:
• MSWA (providing services and support in Western Australia)
• MS SA/NT (providing services and support in South Australia and the Northern Territory)
• MS QLD (providing services and support in Queensland)
• MSL (Multiple Sclerosis Limited providing services and support in Victoria, NSW, ACT and Tasmania)