[Sub ID 4768] Bounce Online LifeSkills Training (Bounce Australia)
Submission ID: 4768
Organisation name: Bounce Australia
Contact name: Mrs Kelly Mason
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact number: 0419326694
Which priority group of the Try, Test and Learn Fund does your idea support?
Young students at risk of long-term unemployment
What need or issue are you trying to address?
Every year a large number of young Australians aged 15–24 enter the labour market but quickly discover that finding a job is tough and keeping one is not getting easier.
• Youth unemployment has nearly doubled since mid- 2008, with around 300,000 youth now unemployed in Australia, accounting for over a third of total unemployment.
• Youth unemployment has averaged 13.5% in the past 12 months, more than twice the adult unemployment rate.
• Many of the 360,000 young Australians who are currently not in employment, education or training — also known as NEETs — are not even being technically classified as unemployed, because they are not actively looking for a job.
Targeting young people whilst they are in study and giving them the tools / essential ‘life skills’ to gain clarity, direction and motivation to achieve will have a large impact on youth unemployment.
What is your idea?
The Bounce Online LifeSkills Training’s core curriculum uncovers all the mental, emotional, and physical blocks holding students back and gives them access to genuine tools for confidence, goal setting, communication skills, and motivation. Tapping into the fundamental desire that we all have – to live, thrive and achieve – Bounce Online LifeSkills Training provides tools, tips, and career building activities to engage and educate participants.
HOW DOES BOLT WORK?
Bounce Online LifeSkills Training is a cloud based program designed for students to undergo self-directed learning to increase their emotional intelligence and overall employability, resulting in higher employment and further education outcomes. The students will work through career and life skill subjects, uncovering barriers and blocks and replacing them with strategies and goals for their future. The students progress can be monitored and updates provided if the student, for any reason, becomes disengaged. The program itself follows a simple and consistent format. Taking the student through logical steps, giving them a real sense of achievement and spurring them onwards to provide them with motivation that will stay with them after the program has concluded.
• Gain clarity on which direction to take their job path
• Learn different styles of effective communication
• Get goal focused and have real tools for succeeding
• Start turning blocks and fears into strengths
• Embody the solid techniques to get a real employment outcome
The online format supported by access to templates and workbook allows for access in any location in a cost effective way.