[Sub ID 4851] Youth training program (Ningaloo Reef Adventure Camps)
Submission ID: 4851
Organisation name: Ningaloo Reef Adventure Camps
Contact name: Mr Kane Simpson
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact number: 0429006440
Which priority group of the Try, Test and Learn Fund does your idea support?
Young carers, Young parents, Young students at risk of long-term unemployment
What need or issue are you trying to address?
Focus on Northwest unemployed communities in particular focusing on the following issues:
• Lack of self esteem
• Lack of mentors
• Lack of motivation
• Lack of life plan
• Stuck in current position
• Lack of skills
Through the 18 years of operation at Ningaloo Reef Adventure Camps we have seen through our operation over 25,000 students/adults. To get an overview of our facility/operation please refer to our website www.ningalooadventures.com.
A major existing and ongoing problem has been the lack of employment and availability of employment for Indigenous people in the Northwest.
What is your idea?
Run Youth Training Programs in Coral Bay with opportunities for training and skills in a variety of areas including but not exclusive to:
• Self Esteem Building
• Promote young people to move to regional areas for employment
• Working in Teams
• Workshops on interviewing techniques through to CV preparation
• Career Advice & Counselling
• Site Visits for looking at job types in action – Fishing, Tourism, Hospitality, Councils, Diving and Snorkelling, Research Programs