[Sub ID 4883] Bulletin Board App (Infoxchange)
Submission ID: 4883
Organisation name: Infoxchange
Contact name: Miss Lynette Phuong
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact number: 0401199131
Which priority group of the Try, Test and Learn Fund does your idea support?
Young carers, Young parents, Young students at risk of long-term unemployment
What need or issue are you trying to address?
The three main issues we would be focusing on are:
1) For those who have not been engaged in the labour market for a long period, or who have never been engaged, it can be quite daunting to start looking for employment. Often job opportunities can be lost due to someone not having correct or sufficient information available, contacts as well as the knowledge about how to apply or what skills and qualifications they should possess.
2) There are also issues with the type of employment best suit different demographic with time poor demographic such as carers and young parents most suitable for teleworking or high flexible work environments which cannot always be easy to locate.
3) Those in time poor situations can often have poor social lives with other responsibilities taking up the majority of their time. Including a social aspect to the solution of the first two issues, is likely to help motivate people to engage with that solution, while promoting general health and wellbeing.
What is your idea?
We propose to develop a discussion/information bulletin board forum app (“app”).
Aim: To engage participants in the process of looking for employment best suited for those who are time poor, e.g. those persons with new children or those are carers.
The app’s social aspect allows people to befriend others on the site and share advice and encouragement to those marked as seeking employment.
We will involve organisations looking for remote working employees, so they can post jobs on the site, as well as TAFES offering relevant online qualifications for the types of advertised jobs.
The forum would cover:
- Employment sectors – various employment opportunities and requirements; helpful tips for job interviews, and preparing for work.
- Skills: different skills and qualifications that are needed for different jobs, and the different places that offer those qualifications.
- Starting work: Tips on preparing for work remotely and in corporate environments respectively, for those who never have worked before.
- People who have found employment would be encouraged to keep posting, particularly in the first few weeks while they’re still adjusting, and for remote workers, who may feel like they need more companionship.
- Location: (Town/suburb): in this is discussed what services are in the local area.