Shaping the future of disability policy for 2020 and beyond – Join the discussion now
This forum has been established to let people have their say on the future of disability policy in Australia for 2020 and beyond.
The current National Disability Strategy 2010-2020 ends next year (the end of 2020). Governments across Australia are working together to develop a new strategy for 2020 and beyond.
There are four key themes for discussion. You are welcome to make comments or pose questions within each theme.
Please ensure your comments are constructive and respectful. Comments that are not in line with our moderation guidelines will be deleted.
It is important not to share personal information on this public forum, especially information that may allow people to identify you or others.
If any discussion on this forum causes you to become distressed and you need support, you can call Lifeline 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue 1300 224 636.
To join the discussion
- Self-determination, and choice and control
- Rights protection, safety and justice
- Public awareness
- Inclusive and accessible communities
- Accessible buildings, facilities, transport and services
- Accessible information
- Accessible recreation and tourism
- Recognition and support for specific groups and demographics.
- Financial security
- Lifelong learning and skills
- Personal support services
- Health and wellbeing.
- Technology, including assistive technology
- Interaction with NDIS
- An ageing population
- Entrepreneurship and microenterprise – opportunities for people to start their own businesses
- Social enterprise.