A stronger, more diverse and independent community sector – Issues paper
This consultation aims to provide an opportunity to have meaningful discussion and seek feedback from the community sector on the government’s election commitment for a stronger, more diverse and independent community sector.
In the paper, your feedback on discussion questions is being sought. These questions cover 5 focus areas:
- Giving the sector the voice and respect it deserves through a meaningful working partnership
- Providing grants that reflect the real cost of delivering quality services
- Providing longer grant agreement terms
- Ensuring grant funding flows to a greater diversity of community sector organisations (CSOs)
- Partnering with trusted community organisations with strong local links.
While everyone has a role to play in strengthening the community sector, the focus of this paper is on the role of the Australian Government in supporting the community sector. We want to hear from:
- advocacy organisations
- experts (including academia)
- people accessing and using community services
- people unable to access and use community services
- employee representative bodies
The Paper is available in the following formats: