Changes to the Nominees Rules
The 2019 review of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (NDIS Act) recognised some NDIS Rules, like the Nominees Rules, need to be repealed and replaced based on best practice drafting standards (recommendation 27c).
The Nominees Rules are being updated to:
- reflect best practice drafting standards,
- remove unnecessary repetition, and
- correct drafting errors.
The updates to these Rules do not give effect to any changes in existing policy in relation to when a person may be appointed to undertake acts and make decisions on behalf of a NDIS participant.
What you should read
You can read the following document to understand the changes to these Rules:
- Explanation of the Nominees Rules PDF [452 kB] | DOCX [152 kB] | Listen to PDF
- The revised Nominees Rules PDF [452 kB] | DOCX [152 kB] | Listen to PDF
If you want more information, you can also read the:
- NDIS Act review report for the full recommendations and the reasons for them
- Government’s response to the NDIS Act review report
- Easy Read summary of the report, recommendations and response
- Implementing the recommendations of the 2019 NDIS Act review
- Summary of the NDIS Bill and changes to NDIS Rules.
Have your say
You can have your say on the revised Nominees Rules by making a submission.