National Disability Strategy – Position Paper
A new National Disability Strategy position paper (the position paper) proposes some important ways in which a new National Disability Strategy can build and improve on the current Strategy. This includes commitments to better public reporting to show whether outcomes for people with disability are improving, and a strengthened approach to implementation through targeted plans for action.
The position paper has been developed in partnership with the state, territory and local governments. It takes into account what people with disability told us in the first stage of consultations on the new Strategy, as well as the findings from several major reviews and inquiries into the current Strategy.
- Position Paper – standard version PDF [192 kB] | DOCX [461 kB] | Listen to PDF
- Easy Read version of the position paper PDF [5.7 MB] | DOCX [78 kB] | Listen to PDF
- Auslan translation of the position paper and guided questionnaire
- Language translations of the position paper and guided questionnaire (these will be available shortly)
Braille versions may be requested by:
- Phone: 1800 334 505 (the phone will be answered Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm, outside of these hours please leave a message)
- TTY: Phone 1800 555 677 and ask for 1800 334 505
You can have your say by providing a submission on the position paper.